The mission begins! Upon entering, students become new recruits to the Clean Water Challenge (CWC) Task Force.
Their mission: To solve mysterious disturbances in the health of our nation’s water habitats. Classes of approximately 30-40 students move through the exhibit each half hour. The first stop inside the Mobile Learning Experience is the state-of-the-art multi-sensory 4D movie theater.
From there students will learn through an array of exhibits that lead them through a watershed, including:
• Discovering an estuary’s food web though the “Wheel of (Mis)Fortune”
• Creating actual rain over an urban watershed to understand impacts from pollutants
• Peering through a video microscope into the inner space of wetlands
• Diverting a flowing river to learn about water management
• Using computer modeling to see changes in a lake region over a 200 year period
• Making online pledges to conserve water and energy for the next year
• Large touch screen station featuring “Our Watersheds, Our Legacy”
Elementary School (ages 4 - 11), Middle School (ages 12 - 14),